I am creative, enthusiastic and hard working, I love working with people and enjoy being part of a team. I am very ambitious and a fast learner who thrives in a creative, fast paced environment.
Education and Qualifications
University of Huddersfield – BA (Hons) Creative Imaging-Advertising and Marketing: Sept 05-June 08
Modules include: Creativity and end user, graphic design, brand awareness and campaign design, typography, page layout design, copywriting, intro to digital, digital strategy, marketing, campaign management, communication and business studies.
Xavarian Sixth Form Collage – Sept: 2002-June 2005
National Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.
A-Levels include: Art and Design, Graphic Design, Media Studies and English Literature.
The Barlow R.C High School – September: 1997- June 2002
11 GCSE’s grades A-B.
* Microsoft Office packages including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Internet Browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome).
* Mac and PC User
* Extensive knowledge and good understanding of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
* Regular use of Google analytics
* Confident at using WordPress.
* Have experience using bespoke software programmes include, Hospital package Compucare SQL, recruitment software Adapt V9 to Adapt V11 and accounts programme Sage MMS.
* I am quick and comfortable learning new programmes.
* Problem solving.
* Analytical/data interpretation skills.
* Up-selling/cross-selling experience.
* Ability to meet deadlines while working under pressure.
* Fantastic organisational and prioritising skills
* Excellent drawing skills.
* Sound mathematical ability, with a keen financial and business awareness.
* A passion for design and the ability to convey that passion to others.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Well-developed problem solving ability.
* An imaginative and creative mind.
* Excellent telephone manner and good customer service skills.
Fluid Creativity: Hyde. January 2010 – Present
Digital Strategy Consultant
At Fluid Creativity I liaise with all clients directly and take a lead role in writing and presenting pitches for new social media business. I will also project manage all social media projects from start to finish. My role at Fluid includes:
* Client social media consultations.
* Building bespoke social media strategies for clients.
* Design and build of social media sites for clients.
* Blog, article and social media content writing.
* Campaign building including any directing needed for additional content such as videos, animations and images.
* Social Media analytics, monitoring and reporting.
* Online PR.
* Social Media training.
During my time at Fluid I was interviewed on BBC Radio Manchester about Twitter. I wrote an article for the Drum on the new Twitter re-design and have recently been studying for my Google Analytics certification and am due to take the exam in August 2010.
I am also responsible for Fluid Creativities Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, and any additional online profiles and social media accounts. I also take care of all the press releases for Fluid Creativity.
If you would like examples of client case studies please do not hesitate to get in touch, I will require a non-disclosure agreement to see work I have done for clients due to client confidentiality.
Hays Digital: Manchester. January 2009 – January 2010.
New Business Consultant
As well as all my recruitment responsibilities below I was chosen to launch a new brand of Hays called Hays Digital, which specialises in Digital recruitment for the North of England. Based on my understanding of the digital community and technical knowledge I was tasked to launch a new brand of Hays, Hays Digital that recruits within the Digital community.
* I write the weekly Digital newsletter for all Digital staff with updates on Industry and market knowledge.
* I wrote all the content for HaysDigital.com
* I attend local Digital meet ups and networking events as well as sponsoring local hack nights.
* I was trained by Digital Agency Th_nk.
* I write adverts and job specs for multiple digital jobs that I then advertise on multiple job boards as well as our website.
* I built a strong client and candidate database from scratch.
* I was designed and sought out a suitable development solution for my Facebook/open social recruitment application.
* I wrote Twitter, Facebook and Linked-in user guides for recruitment consultants.
* I wrote Social Media Strategy for Hays IT sent to the CEO of Hays PLC.
* Set up various directors on Social Networking Sites such as Linked-in, Twitter and Facebook and gave tutorials on how to utilise them for business.
* Started the Hays Digital Blog and internal forums.
* Won £1000 prize in August 2009 for my social media training within Hays.
Hays IT: September 2008 – January 2010.
New Business Consultant for the Contract placements within the IT Industry.
* Account Management.
* Built up my own unique clients and candidates in the area.
* Write adverts for multiple IT jobs.
* C.V sift to find the right candidates.
* Interview Candidates for the roles.
* Search database and match c.v’s to roles.
* Organise Candidate open days.
In house training Courses at Hays Included:
* Customer Service
* Recruitment Lifecycle
* Holistica – IT Fundamentals
* Adapt V11 Business Systems Training
* Excellence in recruitment training parts 1, 2, 3.
* Academy Business Development Training
Bridgewater Hospital. Manchester. June 2007- Sept 2007. June 2008-Sept 2008.
Role: Office Temping. Administrator/Accounts Assistant.
Verve Café Cocktail Bar. Huddersfield. Jan 2008-June 2008
Role: Cocktail Waitress/Bar Maid. Part time while studying.
The Woodstock Pub. Didsbury. Manchester Christmas 2004 and Christmas 2007.
Role: Waitress/Bar Maid. Part time while studying.
The Small Café/West. West Didsbury. Manchester. 2003-2007.
Role: Café Bar Supervisor. Part time while studying.
Boots. Offices. Market Street Manchester. Summer 2002.
Role: Administrator. Part time while studying.
Unpaid work Experience.
TBWA/BDH Advertising Agency. April 2007.
Granada Studios. Manchester. 2 Weeks. February 2006.
Scarlet Television Company. Manchester. 2 Weeks. June 2003.
Carter Bench Company. Toy designers. Macclesfield. 2 Weeks. June 1996.
Social Networking Sites
Please find below a number of articles I have written:
The Drum: 10 Suggestions for Twitters redesign.
Fluid Creativity: Five best SME Facebook pages from up North
Fluid Creativity: Paperchase, Plagiarism and Online Pilfering
Fluid Creativity: Social Media Cliques
For additional blog posts by myself for Fluid Creativity please visit the Fluid blog.
If you would like more examples please do not hesitate to get in touch, I will require a non-disclosure agreement to see blog posts written for clients due to client confidentiality.
Girls Rock Manchester (Under construction)
Digital Events/conferences Attended:
* Northern Digitals (I attend monthly)
* Manchester Digital events, from the summer BBQ to the Christmas Parties.
* The Big Chip Awards
* Business North West – from breakfast seminars to full conferences
* Internet World Conference London
* E-Commerce Conference London
* Open 09
* The Media Festival Manchester
* Helped organise MancTwester, part of the global Twitter event Twestival.
Hobbies and Interests
I love Manchester and enjoy being part of such a culturally active city, attending gallery and museum exhibitions regularly. I have many hobbies including my weekly use of orange Wednesdays and collecting DVD’s (big movie fan) but my main passion is for travelling. I enjoy going out to eat with friends and family. I also have a keen interest in fashion subscribing to a collection of monthly magazines and attending the Birmingham Clothes show Live yearly.
* I abseiled down Liverpool’s Liver Building in June 09 for The Stroke Association.
* Helped organise MancTwester, part of the global Twitter event Twestival, where I helped raise over £5000 for concern worldwide,
* Ran The Bupa Manchester 10km in May 2010 for Kidscan
Full UK driving licence.
Available on request.